No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company", we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Architect to join our team.
- Reporting to the Principal Basic Software Engineer, the Senior Software Architect will work on all aspects to define, design and deliver an embedded software architecture for AUTOSAR electronic control units to deliver an efficient and robust software environment.
- Collaborate with the basic software, application software, functional safety and system architects to elicit software architecture requirements.
- Develop and define AUTOSAR BSW and ASW embedded software architecture.
- Promote good software practice to ensure reliable, maintainable and safe code.
- Develop and promote clear software processes
- Work cross-functionally to deliver software components
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education in a relevant Engineering discipline - electronic, software, automotive etc.
- Passion for automotive electronic control systems and software.
- Thorough understanding of the AUTOSAR architecture and software stacks, preferable Vector.
- Experienced in developing AUTOSAR software.
- Fluent in modelling languages such as SysML or UML.
- Familiar with safety standards (ISO 26262) and coding guidelines (MIRSA C)
- Experience with automotive communication protocols
- Great attention to detail and an attitude to produce ‘right first time’ quality work.
- PC literate and at ease with MS Office products.
- The ideal candidate is an individual with a passion for software, electronics and automotive control systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Long term view on solutions and problem solving
- Conscientious and excellent attention to quality, reliability and safety
- Pro-activity in facing potential problems and in possibly anticipating them