Who is Rodin Cars
Rodin Cars is a high-performance vehicle manufacturer based in the South Island of New Zealand. The company’s state-of-the-art campus includes its own research and development facilities, along with its own circuits for testing and evaluation purposes.
Purpose of Role
Your role will be to manage a small team on a complete vehicle project. Working with the vehicle and production teams, you will be responsible for leading design of parts and systems to a high standard, taking ownership of design project management and delivery of components.
What you will be doing
Managing a small team of design engineers, you will assist in the timescale and resource planning of engineering projects. You will be approachable and supportive to your team and be on hand when they need advice or guidance. Working with the vehicle and production teams, you will be responsible for leading design of parts and systems to a high standard, taking ownership of design project management and delivery of components.
- Responsible for components design, from concept, design and development through to delivery, including creating and maintaining technical Specifications, DFMEAs and Design Validation Plans.
- Liaising with suppliers and development partners.
- BoM management and delivery of component and sub-system for the assigned designs.
- Contributing to the technical assessment, integration and application of appropriate technology.
- Ensuring the components interface seamlessly to the wider program.
- Responsible for design check/release to maintain project deliverables/schedules.
- Preparing and presenting material to support external and internal project status reviews/reports.
- Leading robust resolutions to engineering concerns (problem solving).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You will possess:
- A high degree of CAD design ability, as well as experience producing and reviewing drawings and specifications for prototyping and series production.
- A good level of technical knowledge and industry experience of high-performance body and system design, test and production is essential.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of GDT principals and application.
- Competence in FEM calculation of mechanical components, both under static and dynamic loading condition is desirable.
- Experienced in OEM or tier one component delivery is highly desirable.
- Awareness of APQP processes is highly advantageous.
- Excellent office and communication skills, PC literate - Office 365.
- Be able to adapt to changes, be resilient and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task/juggle tasks to meet deadlines.
- Work closely and efficiently with other team members.
- A high degree of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- 5-10 years design experience, preferably automotive.
- An interest in high-performance motorsport.
- Considers themselves dynamic and adaptable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to be continually learning, contribute to our team and create change.
- An interest in cutting-edge technology and innovative systems.
Please apply prior to Wednesday, 31st May 2023 to be considered.
Applicants must have a current work permit, permanent residency or be a New Zealand citizen. This position is located in North Canterbury, New Zealand.