MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on Netflix, heard of our passionate Team Principal Guenther Steiner, or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
This position reports to the Race Team Support Supervisor or their designee when factory based and the Chief Mechanic when traveling with the race team; located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the assembly, servicing and repair of the MoneyGram Haas Formula 1 Team race car.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Take responsibility for the presentation, service, overhaul and specification of the 3rd and 4th chassis, pit stop car and Pit stop equipment in line with the expectations of the Race Team Chief Mechanic.
- Guaranteeing that the cars are consistently assembled in a safe and reliable manner.
- Required to demonstrate a company focused attitude organizing and guiding your team whilst keeping morale high when fulfilling the often-difficult goals set by Design, Engineering and Management to meet the Companies expectations for future success.
- An integral part of the team, take part in pit stops, pit stop training and assist other team members in various tasks as required.
- Required to direct your crew when at the factory, during running sessions both at Race Weekends and Test events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner constantly whilst guaranteeing that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by the MoneyGram Haas F1 Team pertaining to assembly, operation and safety. Record and feedback parameters and incidences as they occur or as requested by the Engineering group.
- Report reliability issues as they occur and seek advice before undertaking any out of the ordinary tasks.
- Assist the Team and the Chief Mechanic with other technical duties and tasks as they may occur.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Race Team Support Supervisor or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
Previous experience as a Race Car Mechanic gained within the field of high level motorsport.
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired. 3 years of work experience, some of which must be in a professional motorsports environment. Experience in a leadership role beneficial.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications.
- A comprehensive mechanical understanding gained in a high-level motorsport environment.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.