At NEOM McLaren Electric Racing, our ambition is to win races and championships. We love the challenge of competing against the best, pushing the limits of performance and technology, while inspiring our people to pursue innovation and unlock their potential in the ever-growing world of motorsport.
McLaren Racing’s entry in Extreme E and Formula E aims to accelerate McLaren Racing’s sustainability journey and reach a new, more diverse global audience and workforce. Based on the unique Bicester Heritage site, the Extreme E and Formula E teams combined are known as NEOM McLaren Electric Racing.
Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of this role is to work collaboratively as part of the race engineering team which supports all race, test, and simulator activities.
The role will work alongside other members of the Race Engineering group with a focus on managing the Race Support Room during race weekends and active involvement in pre-race preparation and post-race analysis. The role will also include leading simulator sessions and engineering the test car. Working closely with Race Engineering, Vehicle Dynamics and Track Operations groups.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Managing the engineers in the Race Support Room to deliver required analysis & support.
- Lead simulator sessions for car development, race preparation and post-race correlation.
- Running a car in Test sessions to a pre-defined schedule, managing the driver, directing the mechanics and tyre technician.
- Developing a speciality area within the Race Engineers group.
- Preparing pre & post event documentation.
- Analysis of key performance metrics of car performance in Formula E race and test events.
- Working with the Race / Test driver to maximise their performance.
- Ensuring legality of the car to the established procedures.