In this role you will be responsible for the analysis of car data, suggesting setup directions to Race Engineer, supporting car preparation and chassis related electronic mapping for improving on-track performance of SAT cars. You will attend races and tests events onsite or remotely as part of the Race Engineering team.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Identifying main car limitation and supporting car development in the short (race by race) and medium (current season) terms.
Supporting simulator activity and driver preparation.
Ensure that collaboration between Race Engineering, Vehicle Performance sub-groups and Aero Performance is open and honest and constantly improves.
Support car setup definition between simulator, pre-event, and in-event activities.
Analyse car data to provide quantified and data-driven recommendations for improving car performance.
Work with Race and Performance engineers, Vehicle Performance sub-groups and Aero Performance group to support car setup definition, short and medium-term development, and simulator activity.
Execute the day-to-day tasks, providing regular feedback and updates to Chief Race Engineer.
Support simulator sessions ensuring efficient collaboration with race and performance engineers, VPG members, APG members and RedBull Technology engineers.
Support development of new data analysis methodologies for implementation in VPG data science framework.
Maintain and develop good relationships with drivers, Race & Control engineers.
Provide flexible remote and trackside attendance and attitude to work, both in line with the requirements of the role and any specific requirements of the VPG activities.
Always work in a professional manner regardless of the task set and be pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department/team/sponsors.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- F1 experience at a Performance Engineer level, ideally experience in vehicle dynamics, tyre engineering, simulation and aero performance areas.
- Strong, broad understanding of F1 car performance, car data analysis, simulations, and interaction with driver.
- Ability to scope all tasks thoroughly.
- Have open and honest collaboration with other team member and between the various groups involved in the car setup definition.
- Provide technical input for data analysis methodologies improvement.
- Deliver timely information and reporting (delivering to deadlines set on the job list and keeping on top of communication).
- Initiative and Innovation.
- Ability to work with the team, external groups, and colleagues.