Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014.
The number one is accountable for the car – meaning that the front- and rear-end mechanics, all report to them. In turn, the number one liaises with race engineer, chief mechanic and the team manager.
- Build, maintain, service and support the Race Team FE cars whilst working to build procedures and build manuals.
- Ensure all cars are built to the exact same standards and specifications according to build manuals and procedures.
- Working to tight timelines while at race, test and factory builds.
- Work from supplied job lists covering build and re-prep.
- Keep accurate records of all car lifed parts fitted and replaced during all events.
- Attend and support all race events and selected test events.
- Assist with garage infrastructure build and pack up following guidance from logistics.
- Pit equipment maintenance and manufacture. (Possible fabrication work).
- New equipment ideas.
- Complete post event reports covering issues, positive points and all mechanical changes through the event.
- To work in and maintain a clean and tidy working environment whilst in the factory and on event.
- You will be HV trained if not already.
- Known consignor trained allowing freight loading on site.
- Solely responsible for the maintenance and tracking of all dampers for both race cars.
- Update master tracking documentation for mechanical assemblies.
- Assist with freight organization, loading and packing.
- Carry out basic composite repairs if required.
- Understanding of chassis set-up and the regulations for sanctioning body.
- Fulfill any other responsibilities that are related to the job.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Work unsupervised if required.
- Be a good team player and able to lead number 2 mechanics.
- Able to use and understand technical drawings.
- Have extremely high attention to detail.
- Comfortable travelling to international destinations for work.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Be presentable and well organized.
- Be able to interact with drivers and suppliers.
- Good communication skills (with various departments within the team).
- Competent IT skills including MS excel and word etc.
- Confident and capable of working to tight deadlines.