No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
- Work in conjunction cross functionally with the wider business organisation, to coordinate the smooth launch into production of new models and subsequent derivatives and model year changes ensuring all quality, cost and volume targets are achieved.
- Carry out any other tasks required by business needs
The New Model (NM) technician team member will be expected to
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the construction, painting or assembling of vehicles.
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard.
- Ensure that all operations are completed to the required timescale.
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being produced.
- Attend the workplace on a regular and timely basis, informing the group leader of any lateness or unplanned absence in a timely manner.
- Ensure the work area is clean, tidy and orderly at all times in line with brand expectations.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself and other team members, participating in safety activities as requested.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as requested.
- Provide first hand support in the development and launch into production future McLaren Automotive vehicle platforms and variants.
- Provide first hand support with the development of vehicle assembly processes for all assembly disciplines
- Provide first hand support with the development and specification of bespoke assembly tool and fixture equipment.
- Provide first hand support with the identification and specification of generic hand tool requirements for both prototype and production build phases.
- Provide first hand support with the generation of vehicle build concerns, documentation of and relevant root cause analysis
- Provide first hand support with assembly of prototype vehicles during the relevant prototype and development build phase
- Provide first hand support for vehicle / variant launch into production.
- Provide first hand support with the training of production build technicians to enable smooth transition from prototype to series manufacture
- Clearly understand and adhere to McLaren brand values
- As and when business determines, provide production support during periods of absence / peak holiday.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Prototype build activity
- Vehicle production launch
- Build concern reporting
- Quality measurement systems, could include Faro arm usage
- Working to demanding time schedules
- Process and product maturation
- Working in small teams
- The candidate will have excellent motivational attributes
- The candidate will be prepared to coach and develop peer skill sets
- Be expected to work unsociable hours in support of meeting program targets and maintain a flexible approach to working hours as you may be required to work shifts or support other areas of production.
- The candidate will have an understanding of niche vehicle brand requirements and have a minimum of 12 months experience working on McLaren Products.
- An ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought
- The candidate will have determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards in line with brand expectations
- Demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The applicant must be extremely trustworthy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have value added experience in the field of production vehicle manufacturing.