No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
Working in the motorsport team, this role will play a pivotal role in providing market leading service to our global customer base.
This is a key role to managing and enhancing the relationship between McLaren Motorsport and our key customer bases.
- Lead the Build and preparation of McLaren Motorsport cars to the required specification within the relevant build bay
- Accountable for build and preparation of the car and respective sub assemblies
- Point of contact for build team members for any process, parts, training related issues
- Primary point of contact for the Production Manager within the relevant build bay
- Provide build status feedback to the Production Manager during production start up
- Work closely with logistics to establish & maintain status of parts supply, escalating issues to the Production Manager where build impact occurs
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the construction, painting or assembling of vehicles
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being produced
- Support the development and launch into production future McLaren Motorsport vehicle platforms and variants
- Support with the development of vehicle assembly processes for all assembly disciplines
- Support the team and wider business functions to ensure all quality targets are correctly specified and achieved
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives with the Production Manager & Manufacturing Engineering
- Work alongside the Product Design Engineering team in identifying resolutions for product related issues during the digital and prototype development phases
- Understand & demonstrate a broad knowledge of the build process to provide training & assist when issues arise
- Provide support in the maintenance & preparation of fleet vehicles pre & post events to ensure vehicle integrity is maintained at all times
- Provide support in the maintenance & preparation of Development vehicles pre & post tests to ensure vehicle integrity is maintained at all times
- Take an active role in the maintenance and ordering of workshop consumables to ensure workshop activities are not impacted
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a low volume vehicle production / motorsport build environment essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Have value added experience in the field of production vehicle manufacturing.
- Taking receipt of guidance and instruction from multiple leadership direction.
- Flexible approach to work hours to support program targets
- Willingness to travel and support Global customers as required
- Determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards in line with brand expectations
- Takes the opportunity to proactively use initiative
- A team player who can support others, whilst also getting involved in day to day tasks as necessary
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Results focused and driven to achieve successful outcome
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Adhere to the McLaren Values and help grow the Automotive & Motorsport Brand
- Actively seeks ways to improve their quality of work through constructive feedback or self education
- Be prepared to coach and develop peer skill sets
- Lead by example, influence all members of the workshop team and ensure they are fully motivated
- Flexibility when working unsociable hours in support of meeting program targets and maintain a flexible approach to working hours