About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
The role reports to the Associate Director, Embedded Software and works closely with a team of peers to integrate and deliver SW Board Support Packages for multiple electronic components in Fisker’s advanced next generation EE system. The team this candidate is part of will be fully responsible for coordinating all global software development and integration activities on specific electronic components developed in-house at Fisker. Candidate will perform end-to-end software integration activities, including build bring-up, debugging, integration, delivery, triaging and fixing issues, etc. that are required to successfully deliver Board Support Packages for the final products. They will work closely with global software development teams within Fisker. They will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders such as suppliers and technology partners.
- Understand the software build(s) you are responsible for and the hardware platform they run on, along with all the hardware/software tools required for software integration.
- Work closely with your global software counterparts developing the component(s) you are responsible for to align on the build and release process for the component(s).
- Collaborate closely with your software counterparts to participate and contribute to the development and integration of the Board Support Package(s) for the component(s).
- Support the hardware bring-up activities of the software build(s).
- Support activities to debug and fix issues in the integrated software.
- Respond to Validation Reports and address defects raised in the Validation Reports.
- Serve as a technical expert on the software build(s) for other stakeholder teams.
- Support the release of software components in a continuous integration environment.
- Support the integration and validation of the software build(s) in the vehicle.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose errors and take remedial actions to fix the errors.
- Support internal and external stakeholders in the development of software and applications utilizing your software build(s).
- Participate in code reviews and development process
- Help define process for integration and proper gates
- Take code ownership for specific modules that are critical for integration
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 9-15 years of hands-on system software development, integration, and triage experience on Embedded Board Support Packages.
- Knowledge in Automotive OS’s like QNX, Linux, Android, AUTOSAR, etc.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming for various microcontrollers and 8/16/32 microprocessors.
- Hands-on working experience in bringing up and integrating BSPs on embedded SoCs and microcontrollers.
- Hands-on OS-level embedded software development experience in any RTOS.
- Good understanding of embedded system software and operating system architectures.
- Exceptional attention to detail and precision.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with operating in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Experience coordinating and planning integration activities.
Preferred Attributes/ Competencies
- Master’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Good understanding of automotive EE hardware architectures and integration processes.
- Good understanding of automotive safety system design and safety levels.
- Good understanding of virtual machines and containers.
- Good understanding of ISO26262 and relevant automotive safety and cybersecurity standards.
- Good understanding of different microcontroller / microprocessor architectures.
- Good understanding of Classic/Adaptative AutoSAR framework would be a plus point.
- Good understanding of ASPICE framework.
Expected Salary Range: $92,260-$257,010 a year.
Additional compensation: Salary is one part of total compensation which includes bonuses, equity awards as applicable, and benefits. An employee is eligible to participate in Fisker’s equity program, subject to the rules governing such programs.
Benefits: Fisker provides comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, vision, and disability insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Fisker covers most of the premiums for employees.
The salary offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education/training, certifications, key skills, experience, internal peer equity as well as business considerations. Fisker reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position within the salary range listed, taking into account the wide variety of factors listed above.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Fisker Group Inc. (“Fisker”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Fisker is governed by merit, qualifications, and professional competence. Fisker does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, national origin/ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, or any other basis protected by law