MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on Netflix, heard of our passionate Team Principal Guenther Steiner, or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
The Junior Software Engineer would be based in Banbury, in the UK. Working closely with Race Engineering, Control Systems, Design and Aerodynamics groups, the Junior Software Engineer would be involved in the development of a suite of custom software tools focused on improving of the performance of the car and driver.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of a custom, flexible, cross-platform toolset to address the team’s performance prediction an analysis needs.
- Participate in project/task planning sessions and scheduling of work according to management priorities.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of detailed requirements.
- Work with other software engineers to ensure delivery of projects according to those specifications, reporting regularly on any challenges or potential delays.
- Work to automate established processes and to enhance the usefulness of the toolset.
- Adhere to all engineering and wider business processes.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assume any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Head of Controls Systems or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- UK A-levels or international equivalent required.
- Further education including Minimum BS in Computer Science or similar subject.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations, whilst prioritizing and managing the workload efficiently.
- Work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels.
Equipment and Applications:
- Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably in C#.
- Relational databases and/or non-relational database experience.
- Service oriented architectures.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.