For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Technology have exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to spend a year as part of our IT Software Development team. The placements will run from summer of 2024 for one year and offer the opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm and apply your knowledge in an open and dynamic environment. Based on our Milton Keynes campus, this IT Software Development placement opportunity will allow the successful candidate will develop skills in problem solving, creativity, teamwork, planning, innovation, and communication whilst performing the following tasks:
- Extensive experience and training in developing desktop, web and mobile technologies
- Extensive understanding of Software Engineering principles and methods
- Confidence and ability to develop software solutions within a structured development lifecycle
- Understanding of the F1 industry with an exposure to a wide range of F1 technical/business systems and processes
To be considered for this role, you will preferably:
- Studying for a computer science/software related degree
- You’ll need to be highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills, particularly in the application of these skills within the field of software development.
- The ability to communicate effectively is a pre-requisite, as you’ll be dealing with a variety of people at different levels across the business.
- The role will be technically hands-on, with a strong culture of doing what needs to be done.
- Project work is a key part of this role, and you will be expected to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
Key Attributes of the successful candidate:
- Positive, can-do, attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to follow best practice and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to logically and methodically investigate faults and failures
The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2024. To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to complete your student placement at our championship winning team, but it is also a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest talents in F1. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too, such as a free daily food allowance, free gym access and fitness classes, multiple discounts and offers with our partners, free barista style coffee, unlimited Red Bull and much more!
Application closing date 23:59 (BST) 6th October 2023
Job Posting End Date
Fri, 6 Oct 2023