For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Technology have an exciting opportunity for a undergraduate to join our IT Service Desk team based in Milton Keynes. You will be a valued member of the team where you will be integrated into the day-to-day client support activities of our technical support team to help maintain and optimise our internal systems. This placement will provide you with an amazing opportunity to understand how an IT department supports the business demands to achieve its goals.
You’ll need to be highly analytical with excellent problem-solving IT skills. The ability to communicate effectively is a pre-requisite, as you’ll be dealing with a variety of people at different levels across the business. The role will be technically hands-on, with a strong culture of doing what needs to be done. Project work is a key part of this role, and you will be expected to work both autonomously and as part of a team. In return you will gain experience in a range of services and technologies. Candidates should be studying an IT related degree.
The main accountabilities of the roles are:
- Deliver excellent customer service and provide excellent communication skills
- As a first point of contact on the Service Desk, you will be part of a team accepting IT related issues (via telephone/email and desktop support) for the wide range of IT services we provide
- Passionate about building relationships and working with people across various teams
- Support and manage critical business applications and tools
- Technical approach to problem solving
- Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops, tablets, phones and virtual machines
- Participate in project work (client hardware refresh, update end point controls)
- Proactively identify and propose opportunities to improve processes and systems
- Knowledge of creating batch scripts / windows scripts to automate tasks
- Assist with inventory management of software, hardware and other IT suppliers
- Participate in supporting events
The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2024. To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to complete your student placement at our championship winning team, but it is also a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest talents in F1. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too, such as a free daily food allowance, free gym access and fitness classes, multiple discounts and offers with our partners, free barista style coffee, unlimited Red Bull and much more!
Application closing date 23:59 (BST) 6th October 2023.
Job Posting End Date
Fri, 6 Oct 2023