Envision Racing is a UK-based motorsport team competing in the FIA Formula E World Championship. Our mission is to inspire generations to tackle climate change and transition to e-mobility and renewable energy and we use our successes in Formula E to reach millions of people worldwide.
Envision Racing is advertising for a maternity leave cover for the Head of Events which is a full-time position. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the new Formula E World Champions and to thrive in this challenging yet highly-rewarding role.
This global role will hold ultimate responsibility for the Team’s events, including Team-managed Official Partner activations, Team Race Against Climate Change™ events and race-day/week hospitality and special functions. Working closely with the Operations Director, Commercial Director and the Head of Marketing, you would oversee the development and delivery of a fully integrated events strategy.
We are looking for someone who can bring our Team events to life – connecting the unique values and purpose of the Team with the activities that the Team performs throughout the year. Pivotal to the role will be the creation and management of excellent on track events, with every minute detail considered and planned.
This maternity leave cover will be for a period of 16 months, starting in September 2023.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- On-site management of Formula E event hospitality including managing all suppliers and responsibility for event set-up
- Ensure that all shareholder, existing and prospective partner requirements are clearly understood and met at each event
- Identify & book venues for Team events and Partner events both at the track, around race weekends, and off track for partners, including co-ordination of our Race Against Climate Change Live Summits.
- Oversee logistical plan for equipment movements and as and when required assist in the movement of equipment to events
- Oversee the information distribution for all tickets, gift bags and other collateral including submitting options for gifting
- Manage the delivery of the mid-season gifting, ensuring deadlines are met ahead of race requirements
- Manage the Events Team including seasonal staff
- Liaising with key suppliers and within the FE network to maximize return and work within the Event budgets
- To support the MD, General Counsel, Commercial Director and Head of Marketing with effective reporting of the outstanding event performance of the Team on a regular basis
- Budget responsibility for Events, ensuring that all income and expenditure is controlled within agreed budget on an annual basis
- As the post involves a significant amount of travelling, applicants must hold a full current driving licence
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 5 years management experience, including the ability to budget
- Event management experience is essential
- Experience of working with a variety of partners is essential
- Excellent IT skills, especially use of Excel, PowerPoint and other project management tools
- Experience working across multiple international event at once (planning)
The post holder must demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding people skills
- Understanding of multi-location events
- Ability to survive in a fast paced, competitive environment
- Highly developed, demonstrated team management and team working skills
- Attention to detail – excellent note taking required
- Achievement focus
- Commitment to collaborative working
- Effective decision making
- Financial management skills including the ability to set and manage a budget
- Highly organised
- This role will be based in London but, during race season (November-July) the role will involve significant amounts of international travel including overnight stays, long hours and weekend work critical
This position is based at home, in our London office and at Silverstone in our purpose-built workshop with free onsite parking, surrounded by forests and with an onsite gym to unwind during breaks. The role will require intensive international travel and long flexible hours.
The position will offer a competitive salary package, plus bonus potential, 25 days paid holiday, on-site gym, company pension and healthcare.
Please apply and ensure you include your curriculum vitae, covering letter and remuneration expectations.
All applicants must have eligibility to work in the United Kingdom and ability to travel internationally.
Envision Racing is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.