An an exciting opportunity to join our growing, friendly team of wiring harness professionals working on a variety of projects including NASCAR, Sportscars and high performance vehicles.
- Ability to build complex, multi-leg wiring harnesses to a system 25 mil-spec in accordance with TE Codes of Practice and company policies.
- Checks job bin against BOM for accuracy of components parts, connectors and associated materials for the particular job. Notifies stock controller if shortages exist or incorrect parts in bin.
- Assembles components per drawings and schedules using various hand and/or power tools.
Utilizes proper techniques as defined in TE COP and established Company standards.
- Makes continuity checks on work in progress and completed.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- Completes all required production and quality reports as required by Company QMS.
- At the end of a production run cleans and replaces tools, clears work bench, tests harness and prepares for next job.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- May be tasked to perform product testing, repair, and modification as required.
- May be a team member in conducting plant wide safety and quality audits.
- May be tasked to work overtime as required.
- 1-5 years’ experience as an above-average harness builder in a production environment.
- Knowledge of prints, schematics, mechanical drawings, visual aids, wire identification, color codes and associated component identification required.
- Experience with using all types of hand tools: open and closed barrel crimp tools, soldering iron, wire strippers.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Ability to perform in a team environment with good inter-personal skills is necessary with commitment to the highest quality achievable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mooresville, NC 28117: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)