We’re looking for a Grinding Team Leader on dayshift to provide leadership, manage workload and delegate activities in order to achieve required levels of quality, output and productivity from the department. Alongside this, you’ll be managing and monitoring performance of individuals with different skill sets in the Grinding Team
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring your team is adhering to, and delivering to the workload schedule, on time and to optimum levels of productivity
- Management of current and upcoming workload, and to manage your team in accordance with this
- Proactively identifying and communication continuous improvements and promoting this attitude within the team
- Ensuring the machinery and equipment is being utilised and maintained and your team are aware of preventative maintenance measures and controls
- Participate in and utilise their skills to solve quality related problems by generating RFCs, investigating NCRs and scrap booking reasons
- Understand, explain and promote the need to achieve the factory KPIs
- Lead the daily Department SQDP meeting and report back at the daily management SQDP walk
- Lead by example and manage daily issues of performance and conduct, support team development initiatives and carry out personal development reviews with team members
In this role, you will be working in a machine shop environment.
You’ll need to have the following skills, experience and/or abilities to be successful in this role:
- Cylindrical grinding expertise – a minimum of 5 years experience in a high precision, small batch cylindrical grinding environment is critical
- Experience with Studer grinders would be highly desirable
- Experience of managing people, mentoring individuals or the ability to lead a team with a positive attitude to increase performance is critical
- Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline would be highly desirable
- The ability to effect change and promote a positive working environment
- Be approachable and have an appreciation for confidentiality
- Great attention to detail, with the ability to organise workload and people
It is an exciting time to join Xtrac as we continue to grow and deliver high profile projects to both our Motorsport and High-Performance Automotive customers. We offer a busy and unique place of work, with both design and production under one roof.
Whether it’s our competitive salaries, one of our annual staff events or our ‘random acts of kindness’, we like to make sure our employees are recognised and valued.
If you want to work at a place which is dynamic, innovative and the global leader in its field then this could be just the opportunity for you.
Private Health Care
Eye Care Assistance
Cycle to Work Scheme
Reward & Recognition Incentives
Flexible Working for Some Roles
Salary Sacrifice Electric Car Scheme
Free Safety Workwear