General Ledger Accountant
To work within the Accounting team working to deliver the necessary accounting and reporting requirements expected within a large complex organisation. The role will be involved in General Ledger controlling and reporting, compliance, tax, statutory and multiple general accounting and reporting activities, along with a range of other financial reconciliation and control tasks as required within the team.
What will you be doing at Arrow AGC?
All tasks to be carried out in a Total Quality manner, consistent with the Company culture. The job role would include as a guide the following items
- Control and manage the accuracy of the General Ledger for the assigned Arrow companies.
- Complete all relevant month end financial close procedures including necessary accruals and prepayments activities.
- Prepare and be responsible for all necessary internal reporting required within Europe and to US head office.
- Facilities and restructuring accounting and control.
- Carry out relevant Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Hedging and Revaluation.
- Headcount reporting, control and forecasting support.
- Statutory accounting and corporation tax work
- Statutory/Corporate reconciliations and European consolidation
- Control and prepare VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List Reporting, submission of Vat Returns and related compliance.
- Support and be involved with all audit work.
- Manage the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting, liaising with the accounts payable clerks and other business areas where required.
- Prepare any necessary variance analysis for all of the above.
- Support other accountants within the team on a variety of tasks in order to meet the total needs of the finance department.
- Involvement with developing new/efficient processes/procedures within the accounting team.
- Provide support and assistance to the Accounting Manager on projects and ad-hoc tasks.
What are we looking for?
- Good knowledge of accounting, preferably part or fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA)
- High level usage of Excel and data manipulation
- Foreign Language optional but preferred for some roles
- Dedications and commitment to achieve results and deadlines
- Oracle or Microsoft AX knowledge/experience an advantage
- Range of Accounting Work
- Strong Excel, Finance system and data manipulation skills
- Management information systems
- Recognised part or full accountancy qualification
- Interface with other finance department, other Arrow companies, Europe and Corporate headquarters and all necessary external parties such as Auditors and Tax Advisors.
Measurable Performance Standards
- Accuracy of work
- Meeting deadlines
- Deliver and maintain suitable and efficient solutions
- Team working within the accounting team and wider finance departments.
- Sound knowledge of general accounting and reporting processes
- Effective resolution of complex reporting requirements
- Highly numerate and methodical
- Maintain efficient control under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
What is in it for you?
- Competitive and attractive employee compensation package - salary consists of base and variable compensation
- Reliable & trusting work environment
- Cooperative team with flat structures and communication
- Professional and personal development
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse working environment by providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons.
Do you see yourself as our future colleague? If yes - send us your application.
UK-Harlow, United Kingdom (Kao Park Hockham Way)