About Zapata Computing
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services, and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a software platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra® combines a powerful software platform and algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies. We are fast-paced, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. Our world-class team is creative, curious, and has a revolutionary mindset.
About our Collaboration with Andretti Autosport
Zapata is the Official Quantum Computing and machine learning provider of Andretti Autosport. Working trackside from Zapata’s mobile Racing Analytics Command Center (RACC) Center, Andretti engineers leverage Zapata’s quantum platform, Orquestra®, to deliver a race day advantage through advanced analytics and quantum techniques.
About the Role
Zapata is developing quantum algorithms to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. This includes an ongoing partnership with Andretti Autosport, which leverages Zapata’s quantum platform, Orquestra®, to deliver a race day advantage through advanced analytics and quantum techniques. Orquestra® combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies. As a visual analytics engineer embedded with the Andretti teams, you will work together with Andretti engineering and Zapata scientific teams to understand the data analytics needs of Andretti auto racing teams and design, develop and deploy new graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Work across the full stack, building high performance applications for Analytics and Simulation
- Develop new features and application development in support of rapidly emerging project requirements and insights for the Andretti racing teams
- Work with the engineering and science teams to create new data analytics and machine learning applications and improve existing ones, from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality, documentation and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and implementing mission critical application
- Working alongside Andretti Autosport in Indianapolis and occasionally on site at races
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related area
- 7+ years of experience building complex analytics applications
- Experience building and designing real-time analytics frontends using web frameworks
- Experience with Electron application development
- Deep experience working with NoSQL data bases (eg: Couchbase, MongoDB)
- Experience with time series databases and relational databases, query tools for unstructured data
- Experience working with telemetry data
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Mechanical or aeronautical engineering experience a plus
- Preferred experience working for or following IndyCar, Formula E or F1 racing; open to other motorsports
Why Join Zapata
We are growing! We are still in early stages but are experiencing rapid growth. We welcome individuals who want to be a part of evolving technology, with teams of researchers, developers and inquisitive individuals working together to advance technology. Even though Zapata is primarily remote we intentionally foster a supportive and fun community with companywide and team events. We care about our employees’ health and well-being and offer great holiday and time off benefits, including a “summer shutdown” and end of the year closure.
Location: Hybrid; Indianapolis area. Working minimum one week per month on site with team and trackside for majority of Indycar races (minimum 9 weekends).
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.