At McLaren Racing,
we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give
ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the
factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners.
It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards,
and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
This role sits within our Commercial & Motorsport Business Partnering team, where we work closely with commercial leads across all five racing series to provide meaningful, reliable and influential financial reporting to support strategic business decisions.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Conduct thorough financial analysis and provide accurate and insightful reporting on KPIs across Commercial departments and projects both in planning and in progress across the organisation.
- Prepare and present comprehensive financial reports to stakeholders, highlighting trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Be part of the team ensuring that our time and resources are being spent in the most effective places both for our partners and our business.
- Assisting in month-end close process, including journal postings and reconciliations.
- Budget & Forecasting: Assist in the development and maintenance of annuals budgets and forecasts by gathering and analysing financial data. Support department leads in identifying changes in cost-base, cost-savings opportunities, process improvements, etc.
- Business Partnering: Collaborate with various departments/stakeholders to understand their financial needs and goals. Act as a trusted advisor and business partner, providing financial guidance and insights to drive agile and informed decision-making.
- Build strong relationships and effectively communicate financial insights to stakeholders at all levels, that bring departmental finances to life and prove value to the business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align financial objectives with business goals, and support department owners by bringing in expertise from other areas of the business.
- Develop efficient and repeatable financial models and scenarios to evaluate business initiatives and investment opportunities.