After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team has more than 600 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
The primary responsibility for this role rests in the recording of accurate inventory counting, maintenance and integrity of records held on the company’s ERP system.
- Finance lead for stock control processes, ensuring these are in place, documented, and followed.
- Financial reconciliation of the stock ledgers, ensuring that system inventory quantities accurately reflects the actual physical balances across all locations, and that stock is accurately valued inclusive of materials, labour and overheads.
- Finance lead for planning and execution of full inventory counts and one-off inventory checks, ensuring the company’s ERP is accurately updated in line with this.
- Ensure a robust process is in place for stock reaching end of life, and that this is reflected in the ERP on an accurate and timely basis. Responsibility for ensuring all inventory adjustments and transfers are processed in the ERP in a timely manner, including scrapping, obsolescence, and other stock valuation updates.
- Implement stock reporting and related KPIs, updated in line with emerging company priorities.
- Support systems development, deployment, and ongoing improvement to ensure Stock reporting continues to be accurate and facilitates new business initiatives as required.
- Proactively manage and investigate any stock discrepancies and ensure that the matter is resolved efficiently.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- CCAB Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Minimum of 3 years PQE
- Demonstrable experience in inventory control and management accounting
- Knowledge of standard costing systems and costing methodologies
- Ideally, experience of working within automotive or aerospace sectors
- Candidates with a SME background will also be considered
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong IT, organisational and administration skills are essential as the role involves a high degree of systems interaction and stock accuracy
- Experience of working with computer packages including stock management systems
- Expert in use of Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Analytical mind-set and an eye for detail, capable of working quickly to a high standard of accuracy
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment, dealing with a high volume of workload
- Uses problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising workload in an organised and accurate manner within tight deadlines, keeping calm and focussed
- Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- A self starting and motivated individual who takes pride in the accuracy of their work is essential for this role.
The role will be based at the Silverstone Factory / Brackley premises however there may be a requirement to travel as and when requested to meet the requirements of the Company.
This job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the postholder and identifies the level of responsibility at which the postholder will be required to work. Subject to the discretion of the Company, the postholder will carry out the duties specified above together with such other duties or tasks for the Company as reasonably required.
You may also be required to perform additional duties for the Company from time to time commensurate with your skills and experience.
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.