At McLaren Racing, our Fearless Pursuit of Better reaches into every part of our business. From finance to marketing to HR. We believe performance is all about creating an environment where everyone can thrive - we’re not just here to deliver results on the track.
We’re building the kind of place where you’ll be encouraged to step outside of your comfort zone. To try something different. To discover a new path. To begin a new journey. Whoever you are, wherever you work, and whatever your role.
This is what it really means to be fearless.
In this new role, you will partner with senior stakeholders in the Electric Racing team to facilitate the maximum performance and competitive advantages available to the team. We have invested and are continuing to invest in growing the team and creating an exciting and collaborative culture which you will support.
You will be the first point of call for team members to review performance against budget and cost cap providing insightful information for effective and timely decision making.
You will collaborate, be supported by, and be part of the wider McLaren Racing finance team, while working closely with the team based in Bicester. You will play a key role in our small finance team in electric Racing, which includes the Formula E and Extreme E series, developing new mindsets and processes as we enter a cost capped world. You will work alongside the rest of the Electric Racing Finance Team all of whom are fairly new but have significant experience and knowledge to support you in your role and in achieving our goals.
We have adopted hybrid working across the team, but flexibility to work hours will be required to meet the operational demands of the teams you support.
You’ll spend your time:
- Owning the annual budgeting, forecasting, and reporting cycle, and delivering this into the Senior Leadership Team for electric Racing.
- Reporting on monthly performance, and KPI’s, with a focus on the future and how we are performing against the cost cap.
- Understanding the business strategy, risks and opportunities and recommending & supporting solutions to this to prioritize our focus.
- Identify efficiencies into the cost base and be brave in making these happen
- Monitoring of key projects and supporting their successful completion on budget and to expectations.
- Providing advice and insight to the commercial team to provide our partners with the best returns and innovative solutions, while growing our organization.