The FIA Technical Department is looking for a “Formula One Electronics Engineer” to reinforce its activities in the technical support and compliance auditing of electronic systems in the Formula One Championship.
The position will be in the FIA Electronics Group, based in UK or Geneva, with a significant amount of travelling to the race track and to competitors’ facilities.
MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Coordinate inspections of competitors’ systems and data for compliance with technical and sporting regulations, including chassis and powertrain electronic, electrical and software systems.
- Liaise with suppliers of sensors, actuators and electronic units and coordinate the inspection and homologation of components.
- Define tailored embedded and off-car tools to support the auditing activities of the group.
FIA electronic systems:
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of embedded and off-car FIA systems (electrical, electronics, software, data).
- Follow single-supply projects with external suppliers and competitors.
- Take part in the definition of the regulations associated with electrical, electronic and control systems.
- Attend working groups on electronic systems.
Race and test support:
- Attend Formula One races and tests.
- Monitor embedded and off-car systems (accident data recorder, telemetry, marshalling system, F1 systems, standard ECU).
- Analyse embedded and off-car data (telemetry data, audio, video) and inspect car systems for compliance with sporting and technical regulations.
- Manage the software and hardware tools used at the track to verify the conformity of the cars.
- Engineering degree or equivalent expert level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years post-graduate experience in Motorsport electronics
- Strong and recent record of track support for Formula One electronic systems
- Excellent understanding of Formula One systems, including chassis and powertrain, electrical, electronic, control and data
- Strong experience in complex multi-system electronic architectures
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and calibration software used in Formula One
- You have demonstrated an ability to learn continuously, work autonomously, and make decisions
- You are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives
- You have demonstrated your ability to work effectively within teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Highly organised, excellent priority management and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in the strictest confidence
- Native or fluent English written and spoken. French optional, willingness to learn the language highly recommended