No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
Purpose of Role
- You will lead all aspects of EE Architecture Network design for multiple vehicle lines.
- You will be working hands-on yourself as well as leading number of Engineers for the implementation with outsource partners and suppliers to deliver the network design and files required for downstream tool-chain for SW Development & Testing
- The EE Architecture Networks will be developed in accordance with the various industry standards for security and safety.
- You will ensure the network architecture design is robust, safe, and flexible from initial concept though to series production and beyond.
- You will need to understand the latest trends and technologies in Network topics and identify relevance of those for McLaren products.
- You will use the latest industry standards and process to bring efficiency and maximum utilization of resources and time.
- Defining the network standards to be used within the network design team and to support system and component owners to deliver them.
- Define process for seamless integration of System requirements to ECU Communication & SW Implementation requirement
- Optimize the vehicle network architectures of LIN, CAN (Controller Area Networks) and Ethernet and support the product life cycle with the required database releases.
- Design signals, frames and PDUs for all LIN, CAN, and Ethernet networks according to system requirements.
- Develop and maintain the EE architecture networks required to satisfy the security and safety requirements.
- Review and provide feedback on components requiring communication on LIN, CAN, or Ethernet.
- Define KPI to monitor the performance of new process and take course corrections or add improvements in regular interval as required to improve the process and bring best out of the system.
- Communicating with various stakeholders across the business in different forums
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive automotive engineering experience in EE architecture network design.
- Deep knowledge of EE architecture design tools for communication networks (PREEvision preferable).
- Comprehensive understanding of the LIN, CAN, CAN FD & Ethernet standards while basic awareness on latest trending protocols like CAN-XL, 10 BASE-T1s, CAN FD Light etc…
- Demonstrable relevant experience is needed of hands-on work with AUTOSAR classic or adaptive.
- Excellent understanding of OSEK/VDX & Autosar Communication layer requirements
- Experience with ECU (Electronic Control Unit) software integration tools (e.g. Vector DaVinci) would be advantageous
- University degree in an Electrical or Electronics engineering topics, 2:1 or above.
- Demonstrable experience developing products in line with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity standards.
- Technical mindset with the ability to work from fundamental engineering principles
- Conscientious with excellent attention to detail for quality, reliability and safety
- A positive, proactive attitude with a prominent level of self-motivation to deliver excellence.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial. Customer Focused
- Is adaptable, resilient, and open to change.
- Proven personal & team workload management skills
- Collaborative, working effectively across teams & departments to deliver on time & to quality.
- Effective communication, analytical and problem-solving skills