New year, new career?
This year Mugen celebrates 50 years in the business of developing and building top line racing engines for everything from Karts to Formula 1.
Along the way there have also been some spectacular prototype vehicles, not least the ground-breaking Mugen Shinden EV motorcycles, which took the Mugen team to 6 TT Zero titles at the Isle of Man TT races.
In 2023 Mugen Euro will be investing in expanding the capabilities of our Milton Keynes facility in order to meet the challenges of the next 50 years.
We intend to continue our core business of internal combustion engine development, but also to branch out in to other areas of testing, as well as EV powertrains and specialist prototype cars and motorbikes.
Therefore, we are looking for one or more candidates to join us for the next phase of our journey.
The roles are not necessarily fully defined at this stage, in fact, although the intention is to offer full-time permanent positions, we would even consider a sub-contract position in certain circumstances; the priority for us is to get the right people in place, and then work together to make the best use of your individual skill set.
One thing we would ask is that you are already resident in the UK, and in a position to be able to commute to Milton Keynes.
So, if you feel you are in a rut doing the same thing every day, and have a very flexible attitude to taking on different tasks, and possess one, some, or all the skills below, then we would love to hear from you.
- Race engine building – we build one-off development engines with our client partners, race engines to specific regulations, and, occasionally, one-off engines for our own programmes.
- If you already have the necessary race engine building skills then you will know that building prototype and race engines is very different to a routine assembly job. In this area of our business you will be required to use all the knowledge you will have acquired to develop the processes and procedures necessary to turning out consistent reliable engines.
- Engine testing – we currently have a state-of-the-art engine dyno, shortly to be joined by a vehicle dyno. So, we are looking for someone to assist in running the dyno(s), creating and refining engine maps, and all the myriad of tasks involved in engine and vehicle performance testing.
- Prototype Car and Motorcycle build – we will be equipping a purpose-built workshop in order to build low-volume cars and motorbikes, as well as modification of existing vehicles. This could range from fitting a piece of bodywork, to a custom engine install. As well as being hands-on you will also be involved in the project planning and scheduling, as well as having your input into initial design and specifications at times.
- Trainee – if you have a passion for all things car and bike related, and an absolute willingness to have a go at anything, we would like to give you the opportunity to take part in what we do, and try to give you some training in whatever direction your particular talents may lie.
It’s going to be an exciting year, and we look forward to you joining us