At Prodrive we combine our motorsport ethos with free thinking to redefine the possible. We support a variety of programmes including full works teams in international race and rally series. Our Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers all work together every step of the way with one goal; to win.
We're seeking a talented and motivated Electrical Design Engineer to join our team of engineers developing and supporting electrical & electronic solutions use on our race, rally and road projects.
- Design of electrical systems both on and off vehicle (harnesses, sensors, control units)
- Production drawings of electrical harnesses and components
- Diagnosis of electrical faults, working through problems methodically, both in hardware and software
- Produce documentation (internal and customer facing) to assist with electrical installations
- Releasing of parts and assembly structures onto bill of materials
- Defining requirement, specifying, and implementing sensors
- Liaising with other departments and customers to support the build and testing of parts, systems, and vehicles
Background and technical skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Motorsport or Electronic Engineering or another relevant degree
- Strong automotive or motorsport understanding of electrical systems
- Basic understanding of various communication protocols such as CAN, LIN & Ethernet
- Fluent in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to operate both independently and in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and coordination skills
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and support cars on event or test
What we offer in return;
A modern, spacious working environment with free onsite parking, competitive salaries as well as a tailored range of benefits, which include: life assurance, free fitness assessments and advice from our ‘Fit 4 Life team’, a subsidised canteen, onsite exercise classes, opportunity to join our group personal pension, 25 days holiday, with an opportunity to purchase extra, an attractive lieu-day policy and company discounts e.g. motorsport merchandise… and much more!