EY3 has a number of ongoing and upcoming projects such as TCR Touring cars, Formula E, Nürburgring Supercars and Motorbikes – several being full EV powered. To support this we are looking to increase our design capacity as follows:
- Permanent / Contract Design Engineer – Mainly focusing on bodywork and surfacing design, the ideal candidate will have several years Siemens NX CAD surfacing experience. They will also have multiple years experience working in a Motorsport environment. The role will also involve mechanical part design, drawings, sheet metal etc.
EY3 is a small and agile engineering company working on a diverse range of Motorsport and other interesting vehicle projects. You will follow and support the parts you design through manufacture and build in our workshop. Roles will typically include some or all of the following:
- Modelling and drafting of components and assemblies for a variety of Motorsport and high performance projects.
- Working on all areas of the car, from mechanical parts for IC/EV Powertrains and suspension, to surfacing and composites for bodywork and interior.
- Hand calculations and/or simple FEA to ensure parts are fit for purpose and robust. Liaising with internal production departments and external suppliers to ensure solutions are cost efficient, high quality and designed for assembly.
- Producing BOM exports and other information to assist our production department and creating build manuals for car build and spares ordering.
- Simulation work to aid with target setting and driving CFD development. Potential for track side support once projects reach that stage.
- Candidates need to be highly skilled users of Siemens NX CAD. Including surfacing, modelling, drafting, assemblies and sheet metal, with FEA being an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience is required, preferably within some form of professional Motorsport. Working in a fast paced environment, tight deadlines need to be met, whilst achieving a high level of quality.
- EY3 has a flexible working policy to promote a good work life balance and reward employees for every hour they work in order to meet project deadlines.
- A practical ‘hands-on’ approach to engineering is important, with the interest and ability to get involved in the workshop from time to time.
- Versatility is a core attribute of EY3 and that comes directly from our employees. We are therefore keen to tailor the role to suit the right applicants skills and interests.
If you would like to be considered please click apply and submit your CV and cover letter.