The composites laminator will construct high performance composite components for Penske Racing’s Indycar, NASCAR, and other programs.
- Hand-laminate composite components using carbon fiber pre-preg and other similar materials, to specifications set by blueprints, layup manuals, and other technical documentation.
- Create composite molds from patterns.
- Bag and prepare components for curing.
- Clean and release molds as required.
- Operate autoclaves, ovens, platen presses, or other types of composite processing and curing equipment.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area and comply with all safety regulations (PPE, MSDS, etc.)
- Be dependable, professional, act with integrity, work effectively with others, take initiative, and be willing to apply new knowledge and skills.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3 years minimum experience in composite pre-preg laminating and vacuum bagging for autoclave and oven cures.
- Must be familiar with various fiber and resin systems and have working knowledge of composite tool, jig, and fixture building.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and layup manuals.
- Must be experienced with hand and power tools and be able to use precision measuring devices such as scales, micrometers, and calipers.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must have above-average math skills.
- Must have basic computer skills and experience with computer file systems. Experience with spreadsheets, word processors, and e-mail programs and PLM systems a plus.
- Experience with shaped core, foam, and inserts within composite structures a plus.
- Experience with secondary prep and bonding of composite structures a plus.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.