Haas F1 Team is a dynamic Formula One race team that is building an open and discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals in pursuit of a challenge. The Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the world’s premier form of racing. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, Haas F1 Team, is in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference on and off the track, read on!
At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to augment our CNC Department in Kannapolis, NC. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity to make a substantial impact within a small team. We are looking for a team-oriented, CNC Machinist. The successful candidate will have lathe knowledge. Applicants should possess fluent English skills.
General Summary: This position reports to the CNC Shop Manager or their designee; is located in Kannapolis, NC. Performs specialized computer numerical control (CNC) machinist work. Set up and operates CNC machines to run production per approved schedule provided. Work is performed under general supervision with direction provided by Programmers and Shop Manager.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship, you must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments
- Responsible for setting up and operating CNC machines, with understanding of G Code for new and existing parts
- Operates machines to produce machined parts per specifications and quality standards
- Verifies correct tools against tool sheet and program
- Adjusts machine controls or control media; verifies the correct program is running properly
- Performs first piece inspection once setup is completed
- Checks parts according to inspection plans
- Maintains good quality and production output
- Preps raw materials by using band saw and other methods
- De-burrs and grinds finished machined parts
- Labels parts and sends to the next operation in the process
- Fills out proper paperwork per job
- Coordinates with Quality department to ensure that units comply with specifications
- Complies with and maintains inspection procedure throughout production runs
- Receives process travelers, verifies that the components are correct, and closes them out
- Notifies the CNC Programmer of problems with equipment and/or tooling that may cause defects or lost time
- Recommends process improvements to resolve problems and improve set up efficiency
- Replaces tooling on machines
- Empties the chip barrels
- Cleans and maintains machines and shop area; ensures area, machine, tooling and parts are cleaned regularly and free from excess oil deposits; maintains the shop per 5S guidelines
- Cleans and assembles all collet assemblies; removes or replaces fixtures, collets and tools; and inspects old collets
- Completes other miscellaneous duties for the organization such as picking up parts and deliveries for outside services, laser engraving, shipping and receiving and other miscellaneous errands as needed
- Demonstrates ability to streamline processes to increase productivity and quality; ensures that production and prototype jobs are set up consistently and accurately in a timely manner
- Assists fellow machinists, as needed
- Follows safety rules and procedures in all venues
- Assumes any responsibilities delegated by the Machine Shop Manager
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. CNC Machine trade school certificate or Community College Certificate preferred. Typically requires 2 to 3 years of CNC Machine Shop experience or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Mechanical aptitude and proven ability to safely and properly set up and operate CNC machines.
- Strong written and oral communication, teamwork, and people skills
- Familiarity and experience with 3-Axis and/or 5-Axis CNC Machines
- Working knowledge of precision measuring equipment and the application of such instruments, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, and indicators
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Skilled in setting priorities that move projects through efficiently to achieve customer and quality objectives
- Skilled in working independently and following through with assignments with minimal supervision
- Skilled in adapting to a changing work environment and competing demands
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology
- Ability to use reasoning skills that minimize duplication of efforts, including but not limited to comparing, classifying, analyzing and coordinating
Equipment and Applications:
Computer, CNC machines, hand tools, measuring tools. Prefer knowledge of Mastercam, Camplete, Autodesk Powershape and Verisurf.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends. This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
Haas F1 Team is an equal opportunity employer. At Haas F1 Team, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental of who we are. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world. They are central to our mission and to our impact on the F1 Circuit. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing and increasingly diverse world.