The CNC machinist will be responsible for programming, setting up and operating CNC lathes and vertical mills for production of high-end shock absorber components for motorsport, military, aerospace, and passenger industry. CNC machinist will utilize knowledge of machining principles and practices, work holding and tooling requirements to develop and execute production solutions for both custom and standard product applications which meet quality, performance, cost, and time schedules.
- Program and operate CNC lathes & CNC vertical mills as well as support equipment.
- Read, interpret, and understand engineering drawings and models.
- Maintain quality standards and schedules.
- Interface with engineering, supervisors, QC inspectors and co-workers.
- Maintain clean, organized, and safe work area.
- High school diploma
- Eight years or more of experience CNC programming, setting up and operating.
- Ability to program 3,4 & 5 axis machines in a high precision environment from drawings & CAD models.
- Proficient in CAM software such as Esprit & HyperMILL, or equivalent.
- Fanuc and Mazak control experience.
- Ability to select, design, and suggest CNC tooling and fixtures to be purchased or made.
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive attitude.
- Ability to take ownership and seek out answers and solutions.
- Hourly rate to reflect experience and qualifications.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Position Location: 150 Franklin St, Reading PA 19602
About the Company:
Penske Racing Shocks (PRS) was formed in 1988 when the need for a higher performing shock absorber was identified by the Penske Racing Indy Car team. Based on the success of Penske Racing, others noticed the competitive edge and PRS eventually began to supply additional Indy Car teams, as well as move into the F1 market. Over 30 years later, PRS has grown to more than 40 employees and has expanded its product markets to include all forms of oval, road/street course and drag racing, as well as offering custom products for motorsport, military, aerospace, and passenger applications. Visit www.penskeshocks.com to learn more. Penske Racing Shocks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.