Established in 1976, Melvyn Rutter Limited is a family run Morgan Main Dealership based in the small village of Little Hallingbury on the Hertfordshire / Essex borders near to Bishop’s Stortford. We specialise in international car sales, service, storage, parts and restoration for Morgan Sports cars of all ages, along with maintaining and sales of other classic cars. We provide a comprehensive first-class service to our customers and are proud to have the largest stock of Morgan parts worldwide outside of the Morgan Factory itself. We have full workshop facilities as well as an in-house bodyshop and oven.
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced classic car engineer/technician on a full-time basis to perform a complete range of services from general maintenance to full restorations. It is important that the candidate be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own whilst maintaining a strong team ethic, and enjoy new challenges – as every Morgan is different! Our customers expect quality workmanship and hence the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate these qualities with regards to their own work output.
- Maintaining vehicles, carrying out routine servicing, maintenance and repair
- Ability to work on a range of engines, gearboxes and axles.
- Mechanical and electrical repairs
- Ability to use equipment such as welding, (lathes and milling machines – desirable)
- Fitment of performance or upgraded parts on Morgans
- Pre-Delivery inspections on New Morgans
- The ability to work to concours level standards of fit and finish.
- Demonstrable experience working in main dealership, classic cars and restoration workshops
- Strong understanding of vehicle mechanics & electrics
- High attention to detail and ability to problems solve in a thorough but efficient timescale
- Industry qualifications such as City & Guilds or equivalent is preferred
- Hold a full & clean UK driving license
- Enthusiasm for classic and sports cars
- Full, clean UK Driving license (Essential).
- 40 hours Monday to Friday 8:00 – 16:00
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 20 Days Holiday plus bank holidays.
- Please send an up-to-date CV with a covering letter and your current salary. If you wish, you may submit a portfolio of previous work to support your application.