MGI Engineering Ltd is looking for a Chief Engineer to join our highly skilled team to deliver cutting-edge solutions in the aerospace, automotive, motorsport and marine sectors. MGI Engineering is accelerating the creation of technologies towards a net carbon zero future.
Founded in 2003 by our CEO Mike Gascoyne, MGI Engineering has circa 20 full-time engineering staff based in Witney, Oxfordshire, delivering innovative technology solutions to wider mainstream and newly developing industry sectors. We are a very dynamic team with many exciting clients and projects. We pride ourselves on having a can-do attitude.
The technical team leverages its extensive experience in the F1 industry to deliver customised, highly innovative solutions to meet our client’s specific requirements within different sectors. Our DNA is rooted in extensive, fast-paced R&D development, on-time and within-budget delivery, and reliance on a trusted international network of partners and specialists. We believe in sustainability, mobility and reusable energy technology across all our supported sectors.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position will involve:
- Forming and evolving Engineering teams
- Defining and managing of established requirements and emergent goals
- Analysing and interpreting customer requirements
- Engaging with existing and new candidate suppliers for sustainment, upgrade and replacement of existing systems and acquisition of new systems
- Forming close and effective partnership with customers and key industrial partners
- Interaction with all departments to ensure full compliance with concept intent and structural integrity.
- Continuous development of designs and process to keep best practices
- Comply with company quality standards AS 9100D (training will be provided)
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions.
- After successful bidding and awarding of contracts, oversee the bid's progress during the project launch phase to ensure a smooth technical transition.
- Offer technical oversight and assistance to projects when necessary to guarantee their successful completion. This may involve activities such as assessing engineering drawings or deliverables, leading design evaluations, and offering guidance to technical leaders.
- Act as the technical lead on complex projects/programmes, to ensure the successful delivery.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering processes and practices and tools
- Ability to establish and inspire an engineering team and provide direction to subsidiary leads to achieve technical objectives and solutions. Including the ability to manage tasks and priorities to ensure that assigned workload is delivered when required.
- Demonstrated history of technical management of subcontract third party suppliers
- Ability to apply your knowledge to solve fundamental engineering solutions
- The ability to manage multiple, complex tasks
- Pragmatic and logical
- Attention to detail and the discipline to self-check results
- The organisation and drive to meet deadlines
- Willingness to embrace change and to implement new processes
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex issues with a wide range of audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Must have the right to work in the U.K
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience as a Chief Engineer
- Educated to Minimum HND level /Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Significant Senior technical leadership experience on major aerospace/motorsport programmes
- Experience of Siemens NX and CATIA V5/V6/3DX would be beneficial
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free Breakfast
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
Contract hours: Full time
Primary location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Please apply now for immediate consideration. Strictly no recruitment agencies.