The Caterham Seven is the very definition of an iconic British Sports Car. Since 1973, Caterham has become one of the UK’s leading niche sports car manufacturers and today builds well over 500 cars per to markets all over the world. More recently the Company was acquired by VT Holdings, a £1.5billion+ turnover automotive business with over 4000 employees worldwide and quoted on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Over the decades, Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design of the Seven, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original design. From the fun 84bhp Seven 170, to the outrageous 310bhp Seven 620; the common element across our product range is unparalleled fun from the driving experience.
With the occupation of a new factory scheduled for the start of 2024, and new EV models in the pipeline, this is an exciting time to join one the most well-loved niche car brands in the world.
With Caterham production expanding to meet growing demand, we are looking for enthusiastic, conscientious people to join our production team, assembling the legendary Seven sports car.
If you have an aptitude for mechanical work either as a professional, amateur, or just someone that has built R/C models; we have vacancies at all levels and can teach you the rest. We just need you to be adaptable, intuitive, and meticulous about quality and detail. It’s not just a car you are building; it is an icon, and it needs to be assembled with passion.
Each individual car is hand assembled by one person and their name is proudly displayed on a plaque under the bonnet. If you think you have what it takes to see your name on a customer’s plaque, then we would love to hear from you!
Key Objectives, Duties & Responsibilities
- Build customer cars to our high quality standards.
- Learn and develop a variety of assembly techniques and skill sets.
- Maintain required build records.
- Achieve and improve targeted output levels.
- Upkeep of allocated build bay and equipment and tools.
- Support fellow workers and mentor trainees and lead by example.
- Provide feedback to car builder and support in understanding requirements.
- Adopt and follow the company’s health and safety procedures.
Key Skills & Experience
- Previous mechanical or automotive experience.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures.
- A great eye for detail, with high standards of workmanship.
- Embrace change and modernisation.
- Understand and work towards the company’s cultural ethos.
Based at Caterham’s final vehicle assembly facility in Dartford, Kent; the position will be a key member of the busy production department and report to the production team leaders.
Competitive starting salary (subject to experience and skill level), starting 22 days annual leave (rising to maximum 27 days).
Working hours: 40 hours per week, spread over 4 1⁄2 days (finish at 1pm on Fridays), with flexible start/finish times. Regular overtime available at 1.5 x hourly rate.
After a probationary period, there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, staff purchase discounts and death in service life cover.