Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren SP is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar Crew Chief in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on succeeding on the track? If so, Arrow McLaren SP does not compromise on the quality and innovation that go into our cars.
As a Car Chief, you will join a passionate crew that will service and maintain our IndyCar for a high-performance, high-speed experience on the track. The right candidate will have a motorsport maintenance background, preferably with IndyCar (ideal), and will be self-motivated and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will work creatively in a team atmosphere while adhering to tight deadlines and remaining calm in high pressure situations.
This is a salaried full-time position, with medical, dental, and vision benefits. Many of the meals on the road are provided, to include a daily per diem.
- Oversee any requested changes to the race car and are responsible for scheduling the majority of the day-to-day preparations ahead of the race weekend
- Leading a team of mechanics assigned to a specific car, the Car Chief ensures that the work gets done, freeing up the crew chief to manage big needs, like strategy and stats analysis
- Determines setups for the car and supervises the pit crew and mechanics in actually carrying out the plans
- Makes sure the vehicle meets the criteria of IndyCar inspections.
- Oversee any requested changes to the race car and are responsible for scheduling the majority of the day-to-day preparations ahead of the race weekend.
- May serve on the pit crew
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary education preferred
- Motorsport industry background with progress experience
- Experience leading a team ideal
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift and move items that are up to 60 lbs
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Attention to detail, organized, and proven experience to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Travel requirements include up to 17 race weekends as well as travel for testing throughout the year
AMSP is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.