Do you love hospitality and motorsports? Would you like to cater to some of the best in auto racing for example Ferrari, Porsche, Ford, General Motors, and Lamborghini? We have a full-filled banquet catering role for you! Nestled between Danville and South Boston, Virginia, the Virginia International Raceway (VIR) proudly stands as America's premier Motorsport Resort. Originally established in 1957, the track experienced a temporary hiatus before its remarkable revival in 2000. Today, VIR has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the nation's most magnificent natural terrain road courses, captivating all who witness its unparalleled beauty.
At VIR, the Taylor Hospitality team takes pride in delivering diverse dining experiences that cater to every palate. From the inviting Oak Tree Tavern to the delightful Pagoda Grill, our offerings are sure to satisfy even the most discerning tastes. Beyond exquisite dining options, we provide exceptional catering, concessions, and unforgettable Special Events, making VIR the ultimate destination for memorable experiences.
Compensation | $45,000 - $50,000 per year
Benefits Package: Full-Time Team Members receive benefits including health, dental, vision, and life, 401(k), STD, LTD, paid holiday, vacation, personal & sick time, lean management training, and other employee discount benefits through our HR-provider LL Roberts.
Role: The role of the Banquet Manager is pivotal in achieving the financial objectives of the banquet facilities and other areas within the Food and Beverage departments. With a focus on guest satisfaction and revenue maximization, the Banquet Manager leads and supports the daily operations. This includes supervising and assisting in the setup, breakdown, and cleaning of banquet or catering function rooms, ensuring the highest standards of product quality, service excellence, and prompt, courteous food and beverage service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and Oversee the Banquet and Catering Execution for Taylor Hospitality at VIR
- Manage Event set-up, day-of coordination, as well as coordination with vendors, delivery, and client needs, assesing staffing levels and their assignments
- Review banquet layouts and equipment and work with vendors for proper setup as it pertains to the BEO.
- Coordinate rental items needed for events, developing timelines, floor plans, menus, and banquet event orders.
- Must be able to interact well with guests, members, management, and staff associates team members in a professional manner.
- Banquet Manager will oversee, train, and ensure the performance of the Banquet Captain and Staff so that all procedures are completed to Taylor Hospitality standards.
- Develop, implement, and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained.
- Organize staff for pre-shift
- Ensure that team members are in proper uniform
- Operate, maintain, and clean all equipment used
- Assist where necessary to ensure exceptional service to our guests.
- Meet prior to events to inform staff about event particulars and expectations.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of the banquet room, exterior, and other areas as directed.
- Ensure silverware, dishes, chafing ware, and various equipment is cleaned and polished before any event.
- Report all broken equipment or work requests to the Restaurant Manager or F&B Director
- Make sure everything is ready and available for toasts, cake cutting, or any special events.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers
- Confirm and communicate any changes in the timeline and flow of the event.
- Always be available to the Host and any VIP clients for any special needs.
- Confirm any reserved seating and ensure the placement of signs.
- Set up all banquet equipment for events
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, Minimum of one year working in food and beverage or similar training
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates preferred, Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and or sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposure to blood-borne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Occasional loud noise
Additional Information: This job description does not include a complete list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure the team member is fully trained for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company: Taylor Hospitality is a leading hospitality management company specializing in hospitality operations. Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner properties and team members. Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its properties through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence, and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its Team Members.