Working as part of the Purchasing Team, we now require a Technical Buyer responsible for all aspects of the sourcing, purchasing and supply of components.
Working as part of the Purchasing Team, we now require a Technical Buyer responsible for all aspects of the sourcing, purchasing and supply of components for both prototype and production, automotive and aerospace engineering programmes, within the key parameters of cost, quality, quantity and on-time delivery.
- Responsibility and autonomy of the purchase order process in delivering high quality components across multiple automotive and aerospace programmes on-time and at optimal cost to Cosworth.
- Existing supplier management and new supplier sourcing, cost and volume negotiation and managing requisitions and purchase orders in SAP.
- Engage with the Engineering, Design and Quality teams in managing all bought-out BOM components and determining a robust and objective supplier sourcing, selection, and nomination process.
- Ability to understand some technical engineering and commercial processes and concepts and being able to present and discuss relevant information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend Project meetings and proactively contribute to strategic activities, ensuring all purchasing related discussions are actioned and communicated.
- Ensure compliance of all purchased parts to the required ISO/TS quality and environmental standards
- Negotiating price, quantity and on-time delivery to meet demand and programme BOM target costs.
- Optimise stock levels and interpreting MRP/SAP demand.
- Continual maintenance and updating of purchasing data on SAP to support business process systems.
- Review ordering quantities and batch sizes to optimise costs and recognise opportunities in design/material selection for potential cost-down initiatives.
- Continuous improvement of purchasing processes and supplier develop.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Purchasing background in engineering and/or the ability to understand and communicate detailed engineering drawings and interpret a BoM.
- Working experience of SAP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Teams, spreadsheets, and data interpretation skills.
- Experience of a technical engineering supply chains within aerospace/automotive/powertrains.
- Knowledge of associated automotive and aerospace Quality standards and regulations along with manufacturing requirements and processes such as FAIR/ISIR/PPAP/APQP desirable.
- Ability to build rapport and develop productive relationships with key suppliers encouraging regular structured meetings and participate in supplier development activities.
- Strong negotiation, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, determined and resilient with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude and ability to work under pressure and across multiple projects.
- CIPS qualification desirable.