McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can
we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in
the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our
partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the
highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role
As People Administrator, you’ll join us in a brand-new role for the team, providing exceptional HR Admin support across McLaren Racing Limited (‘MRL’) to help support the team run efficiently and effectively and providing a HR service to ensure a great employee experience.
You will be the first point of call for all queries both internally and externally. You will be confident in providing tailored, operational advice and support on our key processes, systems and benefits.
You’ll be collaborating widely across the People & Culture team. You’ll quickly discover it’s a pro-active team that thrives on working at pace, with agility and delivering meaningful change for McLaren Racing. Most of all we support each other and roll our sleeves up when it matters.
This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, People Services and will have no direct reports. Your main stakeholders will include our team members (including prospective new starters), team leaders, managers and senior managers across all of McLaren Racing and our functional areas.
We have adopted hybrid working across the team, but flexibility to work hours will be required to meet the operational demands of the teams you support.
Operational HR Support
- Responsible for managing the People Team Inbox in a timely manner, acting as a first point of contact where possible and escalating to the Senior Manager or People Advisor where appropriate.
- Support the Talent & Recruitment team with recruitment administration, including booking and arranging interviews, and uploading right to work documents.
- Prepare employee contracts and offer letters, reference requests, contractual change letters, parental leave letters, flexible working letters and leaver documentation.
- Lead with the onboarding process for new starters, from administration, right to work checks and references, health assessments, DBS checks prior to joining, to first day inductions, compliance training and probation process.
- Lead with the offboarding process for leavers, from administration, health assessments, systems and payroll processing.
- Assist and lead on any sponsorship support required for new starters.
- Responsible for ensuring HRIS, payroll and all employee systems are updated and maintained with all employee changes captured and actioned accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Support the benefits platform and queries, new starter windows, monthly communication alerts, and the yearly benefits window for all employees.
- Monitor long service and ensure awards are given at appropriate points, assist with coordinating annual long service and Papaya Laurels events.
- Assist with yearly pay review and bonus process.
- Lead and assist the People Advisors and Talent team to track all fixed term and contractor end dates and manage process associated to ensure paperwork, PO’s and systems are in place and updated.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to processes and system.
- Support with any ad-hoc administration requests and project support.
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Promote a service mentality and partnership approach to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their appropriate engagement and involvement.
- Work proactively and collaboratively across the People Team to support the development of key processes and systems and the delivery of key projects.
- Successfully implement continuous improvements to processes with the customer needs at the heart of its focus and enhancing the overall employee experience.
- Strong and professional communication across multiple stakeholder groups and channels.