This is an exciting opportunity to join the Nissan Motorsports Marketing team. We’re on the hunt for a social media manager who will be responsible for engaging a +1 million global audience (@Nismo). This position is integral to our motorsport social media strategy and the individual will be responsible for building, entertaining and inspiring new and existing audiences. Working predominantly on our Formula E project, the social media manager will represent one of the world’s largest automotive brands whilst working in the electrifying and innovative Formula E Championship.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating innovative and exciting content. Someone who understands motorsport and is able to tell our stories in a way that will appeal to new and existing fans of Nissan and Formula E. They will need to engage with our community and fanbase by actively interacting with fans across our social platforms.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for and understanding of motorsport. Our Formula E project will be a major focus for this role so an understanding of this championship would be an advantage, along with other motorsport categories we compete in.
- A good working knowledge of how to use social media platforms to build and engage a global fanbase. This includes knowledge of what content works best for specific platforms and the different features available across channels.
- Have the ability to express a strong social tone of voice through a brand lense with the aim of connecting people to our motorsport content.
- The ability to adapt to the needs of a global audience.
- An analytical approach to understanding social media insights and how to conduct a test and learn approach.
- The ability to use basic design and editing software to allow the adaption/creation of assets whilst at the track.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
Work with Nissan’s Motorsport Marketing team, and supporting agencies, to help implement/deploy the @Nismo content plan across social media channels.
Post assets & copy based on the approved content calendar.
Translate Nissan’s brand tone of voice into a language fitting of social media in a way that engages both our current community and the wider motorsport fanbase.
Attend each Formula E race of the season. Capture and edit content on the ground, as well as managing the posting of pre-planned and creative content during race weekends.
Use motorsport experience and knowledge to confidently engage and grow our social community.
Monitor performance of our content and share relevant insights in reports to the management team.
Social listening and sharing of opportunities, trends, learnings from other sporting properties / teams / athletes, plus wider popular culture.
Location and Travel
The role will be based from Silverstone England, but will require the candidate to attend regualar meetings in Lodnon.. Additionally, the candidate will travel to all Formula E races and test days. A driving licence is required.