We're looking for someone to work in the Test Engineering & Electronics department who will work on multiple projects to support and maintain the engine test cells and multiple engineering programmes.
The successful applicant will be part of a small team within the Test Engineering & Electronics department and will work on a variety of projects to support and maintain the engine test cells and multiple engineering programmes.
- Generate wiring schematics and physical loom drawings.
- Generate schematics and drawings of electronic assemblies and piece parts.
- Generate assembly instructions and test procedures.
- Generate dyno / rig schematics documentation to support test engineering.
- Generate, update, and maintain BOMs for Electronics products & dyno support.
- Generate, update, and maintain process and assembly procedure documentation for Electronics products.
- Ensure correct tooling & jigs are available to meet production needs.
- Liaison with relevant project engineers to ensure that engine and chassis wiring, sensor and actuator installations are correctly detailed and manufactured.
- Identify and implement (where appropriate) process time reductions.
- Promote a culture of process improvement across the team.
- Consideration of health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Automotive/motorsport or military wiring harness design experience.
- Conversant with wiring harness assembly to motorsport or military specifications, the use of Deutsch Auto-Sport or equivalent connectors and Raychem system 25 products is essential.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCad and/or Unigraphics desirable.
- Qualified to at least HNC/HND level in a relevant engineering subject.
- Fully conversant with automotive and motorsport electrical installation. requirements and able to work closely with engineers and draughtsmen to achieve results efficiently.
- A highly motivated team player with a positive attitude and have a professional presence.
- A professional demeanour with good interpersonal skills and high levels of integrity.
- Confident clear communication, both verbal and written.
- The ability to balance working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in the inspection, testing and fault rectification of wiring harnesses.
- Good working knowledge of automotive sensors and actuators to include testing and fault finding of a wide range of components to include pressure & temperature sensors, fuel injectors, ignition coils, position, and speed sensors etc.
- During busy periods, overtime will be necessary to complete the workload on schedule.