Purpose of the Role:
- To be the primary point of contact at the track for all matters relating to tyres including operations and performance.
- To prepare and present pre-event, in-event and post-event reports for Race Engineering, Vehicle Performance and the wider Team.
- To model tyre performance, correlating simulations to track and test data.
- To analyse and understand the impact of tyre performance on overall vehicle performance.
- To use tyre understanding to identify setup opportunities and to drive car development to optimise tyre performance.
- To clearly and concisely communicate tyre insights to Race Engineering, Vehicle Performance and the wider Technical Function.
- To continuously develop methods and processes to increase analysis efficiency and capability.
McLaren F1 Team