The ACO is the creator and organiser of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which has been held on the legendary Le Mans circuit since 1923. Today, this iconic motor sport event is experiencing accelerated international development thanks to the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC), which allows enthusiasts from all over the world to attend Le Mans-style events at eight races held on four continents.
The Le Mans circuit also hosts a number of other international events, including the 24 Hours of Motorcycling, the French Motorcycle Grand Prix, Le Mans Classic, the 24 Hours of Truck Racing and the 24 Hours of Karting.
In addition, the ACO is developing other activities linked to motor sports and road safety, which contribute to its national and international reputation:
- The organization of seminars and corporate events in a legendary venue
- An international karting complex
- Driving schools
- Track hire
All these activities are organized by teams of employees who are driven by the ACO's values: Ethics, Team Spirit, Excellence, Independence, Sustainability and Passion, and who work every day at the very heart of the 24 Hours circuit.
The expertise of our employees covers the following areas in particular: motorsport, sales and marketing, communications and cross-disciplinary functions.
As part of the development of the various WEC/ELMS/ASIAN championships, the ACO's Competition Department is recruiting a freelance "Technical Scrutineers".
He/she will contribute to the technical and sporting control operations for one or more championships.
Tasks during events:
- Participate in the assembly/disassembly of technical inspection equipment ;
- Participate in technical inspection operations ;
- Making suggestions to improve existing processes.
- Application of technical regulations
- Application of sporting regulations in the pitlane
- Trained as a technician or engineer,
- At least 5 years' experience in motor sport or similar.
- Mastery of Pack Office,
- Mastery of basic metrology tools (calliper, depth gauge, interior micrometer, inclinometer).
- Computer and network skills desirable
- You are rigorous, independent and organized
- A good communicator, you are able to explain your analyses both orally and in writing, whoever you are dealing with,
- Autonomy and confidentiality are essential for this position,
- Fluent English essential, fluency in spoken and written French desirable,
- This position requires a lot of international travel and travel to events.
- Good physical condition
If you would like to be considered please click apply and submit your CV and cover letter.