RACING TO SAVE THE WORLD
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Team Technician to join our Formula E Team, Technical Partner to Jaguar TSC Racing, in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. Purpose of this riole is to carry out the assembly, operational support and servicing of race, development, show cars and associated pit and rig equipment day to day.
- Assemble, disassemble and maintain cars, car components and other agreed assemblies and equipment’s, day to day.
- As a full time team mechanic, attend race, test, rig, or PR events as required, sometimes at late notice, whilst being based at the factory daily when not on event.
- Ensure that cars, components and assemblies are built to approved WAE engineering specifications, referencing drawings, technical bulletins and build specs as distributed and that build checklists and build sheets are completed as required.
- Ensure all faults and issues are escalated to the Chief Mechanic or Design.
- Identify and suggest improvements to components, team equipment and working practices day to day
- Operate necessary tools and pit equipment as required by the Chief Mechanic
- To build up and pack down the garage / track setup environment as and when required.
- To maintain good practice, including but-not-limited-to ensuring components are packaged and protected when not in use, components are organised and stored in defined locations, topping up consumable stocks in the workshop, trucks and freight and ensuring equipment and bays are kept clean and tidy.
- Record and work with personal and department performance measures to identify the cause of any downtime or delays.
- Maintain positive relationships with all other factory departments and company personnel.
- To be able to work under their own initiative when necessary.
- To have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude day in day out and support others to compete their tasks.
- Complete tasks given within agreed time frames and on occasion, work outside of ‘normal’ hours, sometimes including weekends and bank holidays.
- Attend Race / test / pr events as applicable.
- Previous race/rally car assembly experience required
- Familiar with HV vehicle operating protocol preferential
- A confident team player, familiar with the fast paced and ever-changing requirements of a test and race team.
- Also be able to work independently and under their own initiative, to strict deadlines when necessary
- To have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude and proactively support others.
- Complete tasks given within agreed time frames.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- To follow and actively enforce the company’s health and Safety and HV policies
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
- Pension: 4% and 8% employers contribution, increases with service after 3 years (increasing to and 10% after 3 years service
- Group Life Assurance: no cost to employee, 4 x salary for designated dependents, top up to max 10 x salary in first 30 days
- Group Income Protection: pays up to 70% salary, up to 5 years
- Health Cash Plan: covering Optical, Dental, Physio/Osteo/Chiro, 24/7 GP plus prescriptions
- Buy and sell holiday options
- Employee Assistance Programme: professional advice, counselling, financial, legal
- Private Medical Insurance: free at the basic level – P11D benefit
- TEDS Nursery vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Salary sacrifice Electric Car Scheme
- Bonus scheme (dependent on results)
- 26 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
The closing date for applications is 1st of September 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.and Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.