Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health, and social inclusion programmes.
As part of Stadium’s multipurpose use, the Club runs several successful visitor attractions including the Stadium Tours and The Dare Skywalk, welcoming around 200,000 guests annually. The Club recently announced a 15-year partnership with Formula 1 that will bring a brand-new motorsport experience to London. The partnership will see the exclusive delivery of the world’s first in-stadium electric karting facility F1 DRIVE London, based at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
As the F1 DRIVE Team Leader, your primary responsibility is to oversee the efficient and safe operation of our karting facility while maximizing the overall customer experience. You will lead a team responsible for managing races, track rotations, and ensuring the seamless functioning of our facility. This role will require you to work collaboratively with various teams, including marshals, hosts, and mechanics, to ensure the facility operates at its best.
Daily Operations Management:
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the karting facility.
- Take the lead in planning and executing daily race schedules.
- Oversee all karting systems and software, including timing and booking systems, ensuring accuracy and functionality.
- Assume the role of Duty Manager in their absence, overseeing permanent and casual staff.
Team Management and Training:
- Line management of permanent staff.
- Responsible for staff training and inductions, ensuring compliance with new policies and processes.
- Ensure mechanics and all staff fulfil their kart management duties.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with a diverse workforce.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure the facility complies with all relevant regulations, such as First Aid, Fire Regulations, Health & Safety, following the practices outlined by the National Karting Association (NKA).
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for both staff and guests.
- Revenue Enhancement:
- Support in achieving revenue targets, with a focus on onsite sales and conversion.
- Actively monitor sales performance and implement strategies to meet and exceed targets.
- Develop and implement operating procedures and policies, including writing formal documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and conducting Risk Assessments.
- Customer Service:
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests visiting the facility.
- Leads by example, embodies the Spurs Way values, and fosters a positive culture.
- Values and respects others, builds effective relationships, and collaborates seamlessly.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, delivering results to the highest standards, and taking ownership of responsibilities.
- Adaptable and flexible with working hours.
- Calm and effective problem solver, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in a go karting facility at a team leader or senior marshal level.
- Solid knowledge of go karting and motorsport.
- Proficient in using software systems for staff management and go karting operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record in delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Awareness and success in employee relations and equality and diversity.
- Demonstrable ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in staff management and the ability to motivate and lead a team effectively.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are to be reminded they would be subject to various background, DBS, and reference checks for this role.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.