Lohen is a New MINI specialist offering parts fitting services and high-end performance parts sales. Building on over 17 years of success and continuing growth, we are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Technician/Workshop Supervisor to fill the position of Workshop Manager.
The candidate will act as a Team Leader overseeing the operation of the workshop and reporting directly to the General Manager. The ideal candidate would be conscientious, hard working, a natural leader and a keen team player. This role is for technicians who want to stretch themselves, to build and engineer and create unique solutions for our MINI enthusiast customer base.
An appetite for the performance afterwork and motorsport sector is highly desirable and will position the technician well for the types of jobs and client base that Lohen serve.
You must have at least Level 3 City & Guilds (or equivalent) qualifications and have at least 5-7 years of post-apprenticeship working experience. You will be expected to work to a high level of standard in a modern well-equipped workshop and provide technical assistance & advice, when required, to a team of technicians and liaise with the sales/service team.
Working for the market leader and as part of a friendly, ambitious and professional team you will be expected to be confident in fulfilling general mechanics duties as well as the following tasks:
- Fitting and maintenance of upgrade components, modifications and related parts
- Engine strip and rebuilds to high performance level
- Clutch replacements
- Suspension set up and service
- ECU fault diagnosis
- Diagnostic work using special machines and fault finders (knowledge of the BMW/MINI ISTA tool would be advantageous)
- Electrical fault diagnosis and repairs
- Brake overhaul & upgrades
- Completion of job sheets and all necessary paperwork
- Customer relations and assisting the service advise team
- Workshop Controller and Quality Control duties before vehicle hand over
You will have a broad range of experience and skills at Senior Technician level, including:
- Significant and wide-ranging ‘time-served’ experience as a Technician
- A good depth of vehicle knowledge
- Ability and experience to provide high quality customer service on a consistent basis
- Professional standards of presentation and a tidy working approach
- A confident, self-motivated and outgoing professional personality
- The ability to work as part of a team and also independently
- Adaptable, flexible, and a ‘can-do’ attitude to overcome challenges
- Self-motivating and able to use initiative in combination with common sense and the versatility to enjoy an ambitious and dynamic specialist environment
Our offer to you:
Salary is negotiable and is dependent on experience and skills offered by the candidate.
- Monthly performance bonus
- Free on site parking
- Staff discounts
- Modern and well equipped workshop
- Pleasant working environment
- Coach and mentor a group of dedicated and enthusiastic technicians
- The role has the opportunity for the right candidate to mould the department and take it to the next level.
- Involvement in the building and preparation of race vehicles
- Restoration of the modern classic MINI.
Salary: DoE and skill sets
Job type - Full time, permanent and immediate start.
If you have the right skills and experience and are excited by the opportunity to join a growing Company we look forward to hearing from you.