At HCI Systems Ltd. we’re always on the look out for experienced, skilled and dedicated people to join our growing team.
The rewards are high for working in this fast paced role, from crimping large diameter HV cables for Electric Vehicle builds and wiring intricate enclosures to assembling the most complex and challenging Formula One harnesses to tight build schedules.
The key functions of the role:
- To build, from a detailed drawing, low volume production runs of simple and complex automotive wiring harnesses to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Coordination of deliverables with colleagues
- Manage own time to achieve harness delivery targets
- Be able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines in a calm and clean workshop environment
- Ability to specify tooling required during prototype / pre-production builds
Education / Experience / Attributes required:
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar automotive environment
- Apprenticeship time served and/or BTEC National Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Qualified to or ability to work towards IPC-A-620 and IPC-A-610
- Using Automated Crimping press tools for Low Voltage automotive harness builds
- High Voltage cable preparation and crimping
- Ability to read drawings and create Bills of materials for Prototype and First builds.
- Customer and quality focussed attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours to allow tight deadlines to be achieved
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Takes ownership for team cohesion
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused, hands on, target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- An understanding of Microsoft products such as excel and word
- Familiarity with MRP systems
- IPC 620 training
- Ability to understand and fault diagnose Electrical Wiring Harness Systems
You must be confident in discussing progress and build queries direct with the customer either on the phone, video conferencing or in person on customer sites.
A customer focussed can do attitude is required with a flexible approach to working hours required.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click Apply and submit your CV and Cover Letter.