The Welder is responsible for operating semi-automatic robotic and 3-axis torch control MIG welders to build assemblies per company specifications and customer expectations consistent with Bilstein’s quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Operates semi-automatic robotic and 3-axis torch control MIG welders.
- Inspects product produced to ensure no weld defects: e.g. undercut, porosity, cracks, blow holes, etc.
- Measures product symmetry and makes adjustments to fixtures as needed.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Identifies correct fixture type per part number and installs on equipment as required.
- Navigates equipment HMI for recipe selection per part number.
- Identifies discrepant materials/components and escalates to leadership.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to identify incomplete weld penetrations and lack of fusion on welds.
- Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts)
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience using basic hand tools and measuring devices such as calipers and to work with any/all specified tolerances. Experience reading simple/complex drawings to verify product identification and requirements.
- Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality
- Position is required to be able to to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods
- Position is required to be able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis
- Position is required to read and understand blue prints and work instructions
- Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
This is us – your new employer
Components Technology- Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America, Inc. is a world class manufacturer of suspension solutions headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio USA. thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America supplies products to a wide range of Original Equipment Automotive Manufacturers as well as Aftermarket and Motorsports.
We value diversity
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.