NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.) is now hiring for a Warehouse Supervisor (night shift) for our Wood Dale, IL distribution facility. This position will be 1 of 2 Supervisors overseeing our night shift operation (25-30 associates), with working hours from 7pm-5am Sunday-Friday while reporting to the Warehouse Manager. NGK is an ignition parts supplier for a wide variety of automotive, retail, motorsports customers. Each shift may not be working 10 hours but associates need to be available to work up to 10 hours. Once regular schedule can resume, more flexible work schedules can proceed with 1 Supervisor working 7-4, and the other Supervisor working from 9-6 on night shift.
NGK drives innovation by honoring its commitment to integrity, perseverance and unity among its employees — from the executive suite to the factory line. With over 80 years of automotive expertise, we are driven by extreme dedication to performance and quality. From OEM to aftermarket, our people push the boundaries of innovation to bring the latest technologies to market under the NGK and NTK brands.
Why Work for NGK
We offer competitive wages and a full suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and more. With the opportunity for flexible work arrangements, employee wellness activities, internal advancement and leadership training, NGK invests in the well-being and growth of its employees. Associates of NGK are affored the ability to "Ignite your Spirit".
- Oversee daily activities, manage attendance, workloads, and work performance of the employees.
- Supervise and coach team members, provide guidance, and lead projects to completion.
- Ensure compliance and maintain customer specific requirements.
- Ability to identify root cause to problems, collect data, and solve problems.
- Plan and assist with Physical Inventory.
- Identify and implement process improvements to distribution center and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate outbound small package and LTL shipments including all required documentation and scheduling.
- Coordinate scheduling of inbound shipments oversees receipt of finished goods and inventory maintenance.
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and meet established deadlines.
- Interface with other departments and individuals in the organization to resolve issues and improve efficiency.
- Enforce safety awareness and all safety policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and provide on-the-job training for associates in all areas of their job duties in accordance to established procedures and work instructions.
- Supervise and facilitate 5-S activities within facility.
- Ability to successfully run quality reports, ensure data accuracy, and analyze data.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as applicable.
- Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years direct supervisory experience in a high volume environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Receiving and inventory control.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in domestic and international Shipping processes
- Basic familiarity with 5-S processes.
- Ability to determine daily workload/assignments to meet productivity goals and objectives.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
- Proven ability to supervise and motivate a team.
- Possess excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills especially in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Industrial Power Equipment experience preferred
- Experience in new hire training for safety, forklift, procedures, etc.