About McLaren Racing
McLaren Racing was founded by New Zealand racing driver Bruce McLaren in 1963. The team entered its first Formula 1 race in 1966, since when McLaren has won 20 Formula 1 world championships, more than 180 Formula 1 grands prix, the Le Mans 24 Hours at its first attempt and the Indianapolis 500 three times.
The Digital Team, based within Marketing, focusses on four core areas: digital products, social media, content, and fan relationship management (FRM). In collaboration with all departments across Marketing, we’re responsible for engaging and growing our global fanbase, while bringing our brand and partnerships to life through best-in-class content and campaigns across our channels.
Purpose of the Role: Support video content creation across McLaren’s digital and social channels pertaining to Formula 1, IndyCar, and esports activities.
Bringing creativity, passion, and energy to McLaren’s award-winning Digital team, our Digital Creative Executive will be responsible for producing captivating mobile-first video and graphics to support our brand and partner content.
You will be challenged to produce a wide range of content, from hygiene graphics that support grands prix activity to behind-the-scenes documentaries.
- Plan, produce and edit video content in a range of formats to be used across McLaren’s owned channels.
- Create video content in accordance with the overarching brand and digital strategy, as well as objectives, house style and tone of voice, while ensuring it is optimised for specific digital and social platforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent portfolio that showcases both filming and editing work.
- Comprehensive understanding of the full Adobe suite, including Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge and application of graphic design and video editing, with the ability to apply creative thinking to projects.
- Ability to produce high-quality content to tight deadlines and in high-pressure environments, including at grands prix.
- A broad understanding of the role that digital content plays in engaging sports fans, demonstrating an understanding of fans’ passion and what drives it.
- Awareness and application of best practice across mobile-first platforms including apps and social media.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player.
- Diligent work ethic; flexible weekend/evening schedules will be required, including travel.
- Taking it personally – demonstrating the drive and ambition to grow McLaren’s digital and social platforms.
These are our core values. They support our vision to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do