- 12 months+ ongoing project
- £330 per day (outside IR35)
- Working hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
- Location: East Midlands & East Anglia
Our client is a UK leading technology company and a specialist in the design, build, and management of the UK's critical digital infrastructure.
They currently have an opportunity for a Vehicle Engineer/ Electronics Installations Engineer to join their Network Services team and support with the installation and maintenance of mission-critical Radio Communication systems within front-line support vehicles for Emergency Services and Blue Light customers. The primary role will be installing and maintaining auto-electrical equipment within the UK Ambulance Radio Replacement Programme (ARP).
We are looking for Vehicle Engineers that can cover anywhere across the East Midlands and East Anglia region. This role will ask that you remain flexible to cover various locations in this region.
- Undertake new build installs, planned maintenance and fault rectifications on a range of Radio Communication / Communication systems found in Emergency Service vehicles, whether it be Ambulances, Fire Engineers, Police Vehicles etc.
- You will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of Mobile Data Terminals (MDT's) and GPS systems for new vehicle build projects as well as existing fleet.
- You will need to ensure you maintain your spares efficiently and the movement of assets between maintenance stock and the designated vehicle to be as efficient as possible. .
- Support the business in achieving tight SLA's.
- Strive to achieve a first-time fix on all cases.
- Be H&S aware.
- Adopt and maintain safe working practices whilst being security conscious.
- Undertake training as and where required.
- Work closely with and collaborate with your peers.
The successful Vehicle Engineer will already have experience of installing, maintaining, testing, and commissioning in-vehicle electrical hardware, and communications systems found in front-line Emergency Services support vehicles. Anything from GPS units, Mobile Data Terminals, Blue Lights, Radio Communications, Trackers, Reversing Cameras, CCTV systems etc. You will have a passion for electronics and installations work, as well being able to fix and troubleshoot issues found on electronic equipment found in Emergency Response vehicles. We are looking for a background in or experience of something similar - it doesn't have to be Emergency Services, we welcome experience from taxi services, fire, police, delivery vehicles for supermarkets, coaches, HGV's etc.
- Experienced in Vehicle Electronic Installation work in a Blue Light Environment or Emergency Services industry or similar (desirable)
- Familiar with multiple vehicle types from cars to vans, to HGV's
- Able to install in-vehicle electronic equipment / hardware in a timely manner to meet the customer expectations.
- Installation experience with TETRA and Mobile Data Solutions (MDT's) is desirable.
- FITAS FCS1362 Accredited - preferred.
- Good IT skills and able to use a Tablet if needed.
- City & Guilds/NVQ in Electronics or similar
- Full UK driving license and ability to travel across the Northwest region.
- Flexible and able to meet business demands / targets / SLAs.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Strong team player
- Able to participate in a 24/7 shift on a 1 week in 3 basis.
- Able to self-manage when required.