For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies has moved on from its pioneering Valkyrie program to work on some of the most ground-breaking projects across the globe. Along with developing a Hydrogen Powered Racing category for the ACO, Red Bull Advanced Technologies has forged exciting partnerships with BMC Switzerland & Alinghi Red Bull Racing and is leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects like our latest project the RB17.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Vehicle Dynamics Engineer to join our Performance and Simulation team, carrying out modelling, simulation, and optimisation of a variety of dynamic systems and vehicles across Red Bull Advanced Technologies projects.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Vehicle/sub-system/component model development.
- Real-time implementation for driver-in-the-loop simulator.
- Simulation and analysis tools development.
- Correlation and data analysis, setup optimisation and calibrations.
- Communicating effectively with groups such as Aerodynamics and Design to provide them with objective, analysis-based directions, and solutions.
To be considered for this Vehicle Dynamics Engineer position, you will:
- Have previous experience within a similar role, ideally within Motorsport or high-performance road cars.
- Be confident in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Have experience using Matlab, and modelling software such as Simulink or Dymola
- Have good knowledge of vehicle Dynamics.
Not only is this a fantastic Vehicle Dynamics Engineer role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, free on site gym & fitness classes, free food, a cycle to work scheme and of course free Red Bull to keep you firing on all cylinders!
Job Posting End Date
Mon, 22 Aug 2022