Position: Vehicle Development Engineer
Do you have what it takes?
We pride ourselves in being flexible, but there are some things we feel very strongly about. We are careful to select people for our team that have demonstrated excellence through their skills, character and background. It takes talent and drive to meet the challenges of our rapidly evolving environment – and that’s all the fun! Are you looking for new ways to raise the bar and don’t blink at challenges? Do you want a fulfilling career that takes advantage of your talents? If so, then it’s time to join Roush Fenway Racing. Now is the time to be a part of something big!
About the role:
As a Vehicle Development Engineer, you will be responsible for design, testing and implementation of solutions to a wide variety of problems. This position will work with the design, aero and simulation groups to create innovative cross discipline products. You will work on a diverse set of projects to respond to the constantly changing industry, helping the vehicle development group fill in the gaps between Sim, Aero and Design.
If you have a great attitude and exhibit passion, ownership, and excellence in all you do then we would love to meet you!
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefit package with 401k and company match
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experience and fun team
- Structured career development – a team of industry experts here to support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals
What you will be doing:
- Utilize simulation tols, track data, testing results and data analytics to identify opportunities for vehicle development
- Work with aero development group to create new solutions for difficult to implement tech
- Assist design group with complex, cross discipline engineering problems
- Work with electronics group to design and implement new vehicle systems and testing equipment
- Design equipment and perform specialized testing
- Manage projects that require support from multiple groups like Simulation, Design and Aero
- Review setup data, simulation and on track data to verify development projects meet design intent
- Fill in for Aero, Design and Simulation short term needs as industry focus shifts
- Assist with any projects not currently handled by aero, design or simulation.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Sound understanding of fundamentals in machine design, aerodynamics, electronics, vehicle dynamics and data analysis
- Wide and diverse understanding of mechanical systems and systems engineering.
- Experience with CAE/CAD tool suites required
- Experience utilizing vehicle simulation tools and vehicle data analysis preferred
- Experience with electronics, test equipment and data acquisition preferred
- Experience in Engineering software, such as MATLAB or programming languages preferred
- Must be highly analytical with the ability to make recommendations supported by data trends
- Creative problem-solving skills with a strong sense of attention to detail
- Ability to independently learn new skills and research new technology
- Must work well under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build internal relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Self-motivated, driven, success-oriented individual with collaborative communication style
- The determination to work harder than anyone you know
Where you'll be: 4600 Roush Place, Concord, NC 28027
Roush Fenway Racing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. We welcome all qualified job seekers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, email HR@roushfenway.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
Roush Fenway Racing is one of the most successful teams in NASCAR history, fielding multiple teams in NASCAR Cup Series. Set to begin its 34th season in 2021, Roush Fenway is a leader in driver development, having launched the careers for many of the top drivers in the sport. Off-track, Roush Fenway is a leader in NASCAR marketing solutions, having produced multiple award-winning Social Media, digital content and experiential marketing campaigns. Roush Fenway is co-owned by NASCAR Hall of Fame team owner Jack Roush and Fenway Sports Group, parent company of Major League Baseball’s Boston Red Sox and English Premier League’s Liverpool F.C. Visit RoushFenway.com, become a fan on Facebook and Instagram, and follow on Twitter at @roushfenway.
Why haven’t you applied yet?