Who We Are
Playsport Games is a supportive and friendly games studio based in Guildford, where everyone plays a full and active role in developing top quality games!
We're the creator of Motorsport Manager, a #1 game on the App Store and a top rated game on Steam.
We’re a passionate and hardworking team with a single aim: making top quality sports games.
As a small team, Playsport is a perfect place for talented developers. We’re looking for people who are excited to get close to the action and want to be deeply involved in the development of a quality game.
We've just moved into brand new custom built studio space in the heart of Guildford. It’s posh and there are plenty of nice pubs nearby.
We’re looking for an exceptionally hard-working person who wants to be in a job and team that they love and who is passionate and dedicated to their work. The ideal candidate will be a sociable, and fun individual who constantly strives to deliver the best standards for the benefit of both themselves and their colleagues.
- Concept, design and pre-visualisation of frontend menus and UI elements to a brief provided by key stakeholders such as the art director and game designer
- Creating production art assets and working closely with a front-end programmer to ensure they are implemented accurately in game
- Meeting work targets and milestones deliverables in a high-pressured full production environment
- Take a key role in our game’s visual identity, ensuring and pushing for exceptional quality
- Take initiative on improving, streamlining, and developing art pipelines and documentation across the game
- Have ownership and be responsible for your artwork
- Work closely with other artists to ensure consistency and quality
- Demonstrated ability to design UI for video games
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in games industry
- Understanding of UI interaction design and UX pipelines and workflow
- A highly positive proactive work ethic
- Sense of humour?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization, problem solving and time management skills
Desirable not essential:
- Experience implementing UI in to Unity
- Experience with Mobile FTP games
- 20 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Bright, comfy studio space in the heart of Guildford, the geekily glamorous Hollywood of games, just half an hour by train from central London
- Regular outings, games/pub evenings and ad hoc socials
- Endless supplies of tasty snacks (varying degrees of healthiness)
- Daily trailblazing with a humble, hardworking team of good humans
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There are also plenty of other benefits from working for Playsport! We firmly believe that a creative and professional working environment should also be fun. We always have fridges stocked with complimentary drinks, regular deliveries of fresh fruit and snacks for all staff.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who already have the right to work in the UK.